Monday, May 2, 2011

It Ain't Easy...

I am learning to love my neighbor and to live by the golden rule
But it’s so hard when I’ve been lied to
I feel like a fool forgiving a fool

It ain’t easy learning to love like you

I am learning to be faithful with the little that I have
To do like Jesus and turn the tables
To give it all to get nothing back

It ain’t easy learning to love like you
~It Ain't Easy by Jason Upton

So all day, today I have been having a problem with this Osama Bin Laden news. Like most Americans I remember exactly where I was when the towers were hit and eventually fell to the ground. I remember seeing the plane crash into the Pentagon. I remember! I will never forget the events of 9/11 and all the people who lost their lives. I remember the weeks of not knowing what was going to happen next. I remember being proud of my brother who signed up for the Army all because someone had to go over there find those who were responsible for those innocent people who lost their lives.

Now, I will always remember the events of last night. I will remember where I was when I first heard the news of the death of the man who was responsible for taking those innocent lives. I will remember where I was when I first heard "Ladies and Gentlemen, I can announce to you that Osama Bin Laden is dead"

Now, here is where it gets a little difficult for me. On one hand I want to celebrate this man being brought to "Justice". This man who took responsibility for the events of September 11, 2001. Not only did he take full responsibility, but he celebrated his actions. However, as a Christian I can not help but feel remorse for a soul that is bound to hell (if he didn't come to the truth about Jesus Christ). To steal a line from a friend of mine: To think Jesus loved him (Osama Bin Laden) as much as Mother Theresa." ~ Joe Dibella

So here is the problem...
As an American I want be like:
"OH YEAH! We got that blah and blah...
and He got what was coming to him... Don't mess with the U.S."

But when I read verses like this:

Ezekiel 33:11a Say to them: ‘As I live,’ says the Lord GOD, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live.'
or this:
Prob. 24:17 Do not gloat when your enemy falls;
when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice,
or the LORD will see and disapprove
and turn his wrath away from them.

Or when I read what Jesus said:

Matthew 5:43-48
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

I can't help but think that a human is going to place where he was never meant or designed to go. Hell was never created for us. We were only meant to glorify God, and reflect His image, love, and grace. Instead... Osama (apart from Christ) is going to eternal destruction.

Please don't get me wrong I am not condoning the actions of September 11, 2001. I am not trying to belittle the lives of all the people who died because of the actions of the Al Qaeda. I am not trying to belittle the lives of our soldiers or their sacrifices. However, I am not going to celebrate when a human soul is bound for Hell (unless he came to the knowledge of the truth of Christ). Until, I am able to figure out what I am suppose to feel... I will feel: sad...
Today, I think the only thing celebrating is: Satan!
I for one refuse to side with him...
Please feel free to challenge me on my opinions or to offer your own.

And most importantly, I would like to say a
BIG THANK YOU TO OUR SOLDIERS, FOR ALL YOUR EFFORTS AND SACRIFICES. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES!!!!


0 comments: