Thursday, February 2, 2012

"I am a serial thriller, I am a boring killer, I wanna pick my own grave stone... "

Recently, I saw this truck (2012 Chevy Silverado) commercial where one guy is talking to another guy who has just moved into the neighborhood. Of course he asks the new guy the one question that we all ask... WHAT DO YOU DO?


Well, recently I have been "let go" of my job. I was a litigation paralegal for a law firm (personal injury). I can tell you all you need to know about the laws of Maryland and how the Court system works. What to say and what to stay away from.

Well, since I have been "let go" I have been increasingly more and more aware that I can't really answer that question. At least not the way that most men can answer that question. I want to start answering that question this way.... "Oh I am a lover of God, OH I am worshiper of Jesus, Oh I am a dad, husband, brother, and mentor..." There is a tag line at the end of the commercial that says "for those who live life for a living the 2012 Chevy Silverado" Kinda, my line of thinking... I want to live my life for a living (it doesn't pay as much though). But when I pass I don't want my gravestone to read "Justin D. Heim a paralegal"

I want it to say: A loving Husband, Father, (Grandfather if time willing) and liver of life... In the last couple of days I have had the opportunity to hang out my children more and I am realizing that they are what my life is suppose to be about not punching a time card in and out...

There is a song by Jason Upton called "Between the Graveyard and the Garden" and one of the lines in the song says:
"I am a serial thriller, I am a boring killer, I wanna pick my own grave stone... "

I am not sure that I could have said any better than this... I have no idea when I am going to get a job (sooner rather than later) or what that job is going to look like. But what I do is not who I am any longer...

Here are some pictures of my boy for you...






If you would like to watch the commercial please visit this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpzvsQAtkaY


1 comments:

Deanna H. February 3, 2012 at 7:37 AM  

What a great reminder for all of us!

That last picture of Jackson is just precious. So sweet!