Sunday, June 17, 2012

War of 1812

O' Say can you see... The Blue Angels!!!! This weekend in Baltimore there was a sailabration to mark the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812. For those who don't know this is where Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner. 
Here in Maryland, we were privileged to have the Blue Angels and tall ships and battleships from many different countries. Hundreds if not thousands flocked to Inner Harbor of Baltimore. The best part of this weekend for me were the Blue Angels.

On Thursday they starting their practice fights and apparently my house was right in the line for their practice... On Thursday I was able to get some get shots from my upstairs closet.


 
Then on Saturday, my family and I were able to see the entire show. These planes were as great as advertised. After, the show I understood why the Blue Angels were always my dad's favorite. They were great and I can't wait to see them again....  Here are the shots from Saturday.















0 comments: