Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"It ain't EASY!!!! learning to love like YOU!!!"

Happy Labor day!

I have heard it refered to as "Laborless Day" because not many actually work on Labor Day...
So we (my family and I) went to a park for a little bit of fun family time. Afterwards, I watched 17 Again. NOW, believe me I am not a Zack Efron fan. But Rebecca (my wife)wanted to watch it. I admit, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... The movie did cause me to think about being a father.
I love being a dad. I love hearing "Daddy, Daddy..." when I am at home. I love seeing my youngest smile and laugh when I come home. I love being "wrestling Lions"... EVEN IF I NEVER WIN! It truely is a joy and gift that God has given me. I know that my daughters won't always be this way. As they grow, they will pull away to become independant. But I will never stop being their Father. I want to be able to lead them to TRUEST Daddy of all. Everyday they teach me more and more what is to be a Son of the Most HIGH by me learning to be a father more and more everyday. I have a song of Jason Upton linked to this blog titled "It ain't Easy"

"I am learing to be a father, but I really don't know how... To be willing to care for others, more than I love myself. Cause it ain't easy... learning to love like you." I am learning to be faithful with the little that I have. To do Jesus, turn the tables. Give it all and get nothing back... IT AIN'T EASY... LEARNING TO LOVE LIKE YOU" Teach us over, and over, over and over... Over again!

This is what I got from the movie last night. That life is about my family and not about me!

Regardless how "old" my kids become I want them to know that my heart is always open and ears are willing to listen even to the smallest of problems. I may not have the answer... BUT MY HEART IS FOR THEM!!! They are MY FAVORITE!!!!
Anyway, that was something that I learned this past weekend. My God bless you and again, thanks for reading. Below are some of the photos from the park.








My 3 year old daughter took the pictures below..
AMAZING! I have beautiful wife and very talented 3 year old...
I AM TRUELY BLESSED!


Thanks again for stopping by and your comments are welcomed!

~Justin

1 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings September 8, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Parenting is the most selfless thing we are ever required to do. It's a joy, but it's definitely not easy.

What a good lesson to learn...for all of us.