Monday, October 5, 2009

Change is Good... DON'T YOU THINK?

(Sorry the title is taking from my favorite Disney movie "Lion King")

Coming out work today I realized something... I love this time of year! The leaves are starting to change. The air gets a little brisk, and at least in Maryland it is still warm during the day. The Sun causes the leaves to sparkle. Mostly I can get some great photos. This season (autumn) has a lot of change in it. Animals, plants, trees, people, and weather seem to get ready for winter. Also I feel like I am in a season in my life of change, harvest, and sowing... Here are some of my thoughts lately about the four seasons.

Spring: A time when Life awakens from a slumber. To me this is a time of receiving.
Summer: Abundance of life, Full of sun and warmth. A time when God's hand of blessing seems to be present.
Autumn: Time of Changing, Sowing, & of Harvest
Winter: Time of rest, and of trust.

Right now in my life I feel like God has me in place of harvesting and sowing. I feel like this season is a time when I will be harvesting. Harvesting the things that God has planted in those around me. I also feel like this is a time when God will be sowing in me. Sowing in me the promises and grace that I will need to listen to, and trust in.

Anyway, I have been listening to a song called "Desert Song" lately and these are some thoughts that can come into my mind. I hope that this makes some sense. Below are some of the photos that I have taken and thanks for reading













~Justin

0 comments: