Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
"I welcome the sun,
the clouds and rain, the wind that sweeps the sky clean and lets the sun shine again. this is the most magnificent life has ever been. here is heaven and earth and the brilliant sky in between."
(Blessed by Brett Dennen)

"I am learning to be a father but I really don’t know how"
(It Ain't Easy- Jason Upton)


So I realized last night as Abby, Rebecca and I were dancing at the dinner table to the song "Blessed" (referenced above). That this is little girl is just like a little sponge. She soaks up every little thing that Rebecca or I do. When I laugh she laughs.... When I stick my tongue out she does the same... When I clap or raise my hands at church she will too (at least for a little while, she does lose interest) So I have come to realization that God has given me this wonderful gift of our daughter to teach me a few things...
1. Love - Everyday... I must Love God, People, and my dog.
2. Learn- From everyone... If I look around me I will learn something.
3. Listen- To God and to people around me (He uses them in my life)

So... Abby and I are learning for one another. "Thank you Father for this great gift"...
And as for the the next one?

(thanks to Leah Drayer for the picture)

Well, we will have to wait and see...

Thanks for reading

(below in the music player is a list of songs that i have been listening to while typing this blog.)
recommended:
1. It Aint Easy: By Jason Upton
2. Blessed: By Brett Dennen
3. You are the best thing: By Ray Lamontange
4. You're the world to me: By David Gray
5. Target: By Embrace
6. Aint No Mountain High Enough: Marvin Gaye
7. This is Home: By Switchfoot

0 comments: