Friday, November 20, 2009

3 years


Many people use the 1st of January to mark a new year. Practicing Jews will use the Rosh Hashanah to mark their new year. January 26, 2009 was the Chinese New Year. Well my mark for a new year would be November 21. Three years ago, my life was changed in a dramatic way. My father passed away very suddenly, and ever since I am learning more and more about what it means to be a father.

I have felt God invade my life and draw me closer to Him. He has showed me that I need to be more like a Son in order to be a better father. The more I allow myself to be controlled/ruled by His will, the better father I will be to my children. This past year I have learned that God's grace is sufficient for me in all situations. I don't believe in the statement "He doesn't give us more than we can handle" because we can handle ALL things through his Grace!

I believe that He gives us things that push us towards Him. He allows situations in our life that only He will gain Glory through. I believe that God allows situations to happen to us that we can only survive through His grace. So I can say that I "survived" another year, and I look forward to God's grace in the coming year. I pray that He shines into your life, in ALL your situations!
I think Jason Upton puts it best by saying...

"In the company of Jesus there are no experts there's are only beginners and necessary followers. Because in the company of Jesus no body knows where they are going"
~Jason Upton


Thanks for Reading

~Justin

1 comments:

Anonymous November 20, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

Thanks Honey, I still have so much to learn and not a fast learner. God give me speed.

Love Mom