Monday, November 2, 2009

Every Princess Has Her Prince?

So on Friday night I had the pleasure of my first Daughter/Father Date Night.
I took Abby to see Disney on Ice here in Baltimore. WE had a blast.
She was so excited and really only got scared once, during the "Disney Celebrates Halloween." So I decided that we should wait out in the lobby until that scene was over. The next scene was the only true reason why she wanted to go in the first place.

Disney Celebrates Valentines Day:
All the Disney Princesses and Princes came out to do their little gig. She is really into being a princess, so this was the highlight of the night. I just enjoyed watching her eyes light up and seeing her edge forward on her seat... It ended with this little statement "Every Princess has to have a Prince"

I was reminded of what God must be like when WE receive something that we have been waiting so long for. He must love the glow in our eyes and the giggle in our voice. I think that this is what it means to have a "child like faith". My daughter has no fear of me doing something to hurt her. She has no fear of me giving her something that would harm her in anyway. She has complete faith that we (my wife and I) will take care of her. So if I am suppose to have a "child like faith"...

Why do I have a problem with showing Jesus that same faith and trust?

He hasn't ever let me down. Even when I don't get what I want. He gives me what I need!
Jesus, please help me to understand you and your ways more. Please enjoy the photos.



We are waiting for the show to start.



Every Princess has her prince...

Then when we got home.. Mommy and Abby had some dress up fun time




The next day we went out for Trick or Treating... Abby is the princess and Madi is the Lady bug!


They stole the show... SO CUTE

Thanks for reading
~Justin

1 comments:

Valerie November 3, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

good words, so true ...
The pictures are cute - I always wanted a little girl - to treat like a princess, but God knew I needed my 3 princes. He gave me what I needed, and I am grateful and very thankful!