Monday, April 5, 2010

Cherry Bloosom Festival

This past Saturday I got up at 5:00am to go to Washington, DC every year in DC is the Cherry Blossom Festival. The Cherry Blossom trees that was sent to DC as a gift and they are truly beautiful but very fragile. If the sun comes out early in DC then they bloom early. Any harsh cold weather or lots of rain and the pedals will all fall off. So I was extremely fortunate to have gone this past weekend because the weather has been beautiful and they are thriving...

I wanted to make to DC in order to get some sunrise shots, however I learned that the Metro (DC Subway) doesn't run until 7am on the weekends. Well, I was bound and determined that if I was getting up that early I was gonna see the sunrise. So I drove to DC... If you haven't driven in DC before it can be a little difficult because not many of the roads are east and west or north and south. DC is more like a big circle. However I made it... Here are some of the shots that I was able to get... Hope you enjoy them!So after about 2 hours and the sun went behind the clouds. I started to realize that my family was going to met me in DC around 12noon or 1pm... That was still 3 more hours away... I was thinking that maybe I would just drive home and let them enjoy the festival without me... I am really glad that I toughed it out and waited for them. My family (& Sister-in-law Sarah) met up with me at the WWII memorial and we had an awesome day... Besides if I had gone home I would not have gotten these pictures....

Well, we hung there until around 4 or so... Which made for a extremely LONG day... But I am really happy with the family time and the photography time that I was able to get in... And it made for great a workout because I think I walked about 5 miles or more... The Moral of the story is if God gives you some time to spend with your family and enjoy sight seeing at the same time DON'T TAKE IT FOR GRANTED!

Here is a link to enjoy some of the photos that I have posted.
My Cherry Blossom Festival Photos

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave comments...
~Justin

1 comments:

Rob Monroe April 6, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

These are lovely! It sounds like Saturday was the ideal day to go - the blossoms were still out and the weather was incredible. We are going Thursday. Oh well. :o)

Your pictures are great! Thanks for sharing them!