Monday, April 19, 2010

The Parable of the Lost Ring...

If you know me then you know that I lose everything. I mean seriously I lose everything... My brother teases me all the time
"you better screw your head into your neck...
Otherwise one morning you wake up and it will be missing"
So about a year and half ago I lost my ring. I thought that maybe I put it down and little fingers may have found it. I came to the idea that I wouldn't really find it again. This past Christmas I had decided that I would get a ring tattooed onto my ring finger. (That way I would have to lose my finger before I lost my ring again)... My wife got a me a ring for Christmas before I went to the tattoo parlor and it was perfectly fine ring... Looked nice and fit perfectly so I was happy again.

Well, just yesterday my wife came from church (I haven't been feeling well so I stayed home) and she told me that a wonderful lady in our church found my ring... I was so happy to have my ring back...

On the inside is enscribed "I am my Beloved's RGH 5/10/03"

I imagine that this is how God feels when we return to Him. The only difference is that God never resolves to the fact that we are lost forever. He never stops looking or waiting for us.
If you have walked away from God or feel lost please just return back to Him...

"But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion for him, and ran and embraced him and kissed him." (Luke 15: 20)
Below are some of the photos that I took...







Thanks for stopping by....
~ Justin

2 comments:

Rob Monroe April 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

Love this parable - so true. Glad that you have your ring back.

(Also really love the pictures - might have to steal your idea!)

Justin April 20, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

What idea might you be stealing?