Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Shooting the Moon"

So last night I was on my way home and I happen to stop and watch some deer feeding in a grass field. I looked up and I saw that moon was hanging low in the sky and bright. So took some pictures. As I was taking some pictures I was thinking about the purpose of the moon.
Why did God place the moon & earth together?

The Moon effects waves, earth's solar orbit and rotational speed, and the moon has no light of its own; instead the moon reflects the sun's light.

I think the last thing that Moon does is what God was trying show me. I thought about a couple of things while "shooting the moon".

1. God will provide light even in the darkest of moments. It doesn't matter how dark the night is. God will shine His light into our life if we let him.

2. Just like the Moon reflects the sun's light... God wants us to reflect the SON'S LIGHT. To those around us who are in the dark. Anyway, there are some of my thoughts last night while "shooting the moon"


Please enjoy the photos...




Thanks for Reading
~ Justin

4 comments:

Mom August 4, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

thanks for the great pictures and thoughts. Funny thing is Stephen and I have been watching the moon the past several days and have talks. I now have much more to tell him tonight when we look at it again. thanks for the "bible lesson".

Love Mom

Deanna August 4, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

WOW! What awesome pictures, and what a beautiful moon!! :)

Justin August 5, 2009 at 12:01 AM  

Thanks... I got even better ones tonight cause it was a full moon. But I will post them later...

Valerie August 5, 2009 at 6:47 AM  

Glad I stopped by,. You know sometimes - "we know" what we are suppose to do and what we believe, but it just takes that little reminder to be encouraged. I am struggling withy my 17 year old High School graduate, who knows that "he knows it all" and of course my husband and I know nothing. He's in a dark place and it seems he is happy there - away from the light. And so our family seems to be in a dark place right along with him - being so frustrated with his attitude -that sometimes I am not reflecting the 'Son'.
Thanks for the reminder this morning that - no matter how dark the night, God will shine His light - if we let Him'. Sometimes it just seems SOOO hard!