Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I LOVE THE LION KING

I have a confession to make, I love "The Lion King" not just has a Disney movie but as a movie.
One of the main reasons why I love this movie so much is that it shows the impact a Father has on his children and who they become... (at least that is how I convince myself it is okay to love a Disney movie...)
One night when my eldest daughter Abby turned 2 I introduced her to "The Lion King". SHE LOVED EVERY SECOND... We skip past the scene of Mufasa's death because I don't think anyone ever needs to watch that. Well, last night I was in charge of watching the girls again and after we cleaned up the living room of all the stuffed animals I came up with an idea.... It was time for Madi to be introduced to....

"Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba"

Anyway, Madi is in love with it too... Now we have family movie night with the Lion King... (we watched part 1 last night & tonight is part 2)
Below are some of the photos I took last night...


3 comments:

Sharon May 20, 2010 at 3:28 AM  

This reminds me of when Rachel was OBSESSED with this movie! She adored it. But we weren't so smart as you and she saw the Mufasa death scene...wow, not good. She still loved it afterward tho...lol :P

Rob Monroe May 20, 2010 at 9:28 AM  

We skip the death scene as well - pretty intense for anyone of any age! Abby loves it. Didn't think about it as the Importance-of-Fatherhood route, but you're exactly right!

Justin Heim May 20, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

Sarah came over last night and kept saying how much Rachel watched the Lion King. I think she said "I wonder how many times I have seen this movie with Rachel?" All in all Madi loved it and I believe it will now become a tradition! On another note I think she said Zebra last night!