Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wow.... What a week!

Last Saturday I was scheduled to to fly to Buffalo with Abby (my oldest). We were going North for a couple of reasons. First, to see my nephew get his black belt in Taekwondo (I was going specially to take photos). Second, my mom wanted to take Abby to get her first Manicure/Peticure done and an appointment for a hair cut. Or in the words of my mom, her first "Princess Day".

THEN, my grandmother-in-law passed on Friday... So I boarded a plane with TWO children under 4 and no wife to help. YIKES!!!! Rebecca was going to drive up to Rochester with the dogs and we would meet up later on during the weekend.... Well, everything worked out perfectly. I mean, the girls were perfect angels on the plane. Then Saturday morning my sister took Abby to get her nails done... (You will see photos later) and my mom and I took her to get hair cut. She was so happy and Madi had a good time also.

It was a huge blessing to be "home" for a couple of days and I know that my wife was a bigger blessing in Rochester for her family. Then we went to Rochester for the funeral of Grandma Lewis (or as Abby says "Gigi"). It was beautiful service and I got to sing with my sister in law (It is Well With My Soul) and if I say so myself I think we sounded great! Then, yesterday we began our long drive back to Baltimore.

As soon as we got home, my second worst nightmare happened. I had left the front door open in an attempt to bring the luggage. As I walking back towards the house, I see a flash of a stray cat running from our front yard and right on it's tail is my BEST BUD Watson... The Cat makes it across the street but Watson is hit by a pick up truck. I am powerless (and yelling on the top of my lungs NOOOOOOO) and only can see Watson disappear in front of the truck and what seemed like a life time later, Watson bounced up to his feet and ran in the house... Then the pain came and the blood was everywhere.... So we (Watson and I) made a late night trip to the emergency vet clinic. It wasn't until 1 am that we returned with the best news possible... He hurt his right front paw, the dew claw and the pad underneath his paw. After a few days or so he should be fine. No broken bones or anything... Absolutely a miracle..... Thanks God!!!

So needless to say, our week was full of ups and downs... But most of all - full of God's faithfulness!!!!

Well, below are some of the photos!!! Please feel free to comment and


Deanna @ oneagleswings May 28, 2010 at 6:40 AM  

Wow, what a whirlwind! I love that the girls were so well behaved on the plane for you. :)

I am so glad to hear that Watson is okay. I talked to Becca on the phone on Thursday and she started to tell me the story about Watson. I said, "Rebecca, please tell me that he is alive." She said that he was okay and I said, "Thank the Lord because if he wasn't, I was going to ask you which hospital Justin was in." I know how much your dog means to you and am SO thankful that he was okay.

Take care!

RobMonroe May 28, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

Glad to hear that your travels were good in all sorts of ways. Really glad that your pooch was relatively safe considering the accident.

Blessings abound!