Sunday, May 2, 2010

Race for the Roses...

This past Saturday was one of my favorite sporting events of the calendar year. It was the Kentucky Derby (in case you were under a rock). I love the fact that it is so quickly over ("The Fastest Two Minutes in Sports") and thrilling throughout. I recently discovered my youngest daughter's obsession with it (really she loves the horses).

We knew that Abby loved horse racing... I remember when Abby was 1 and watched her first race and I can't really remember her getting this excited.

Every time a horse would come on the screen Madi would scream (something loud and unintelligible) and clap her hands... Abby flipped through pictures online of all the races for about 30 minutes telling my wife (Rebecca) which ones were her favorites. I believe she picked out about 5 or 6 different horses....of course when the race was actually over she was jumping up and down clapping "That was the EXACT one i wanted to win!!" haha

Since the race is also called "The Run for the Roses" and we got our first blooms of the year, I thought it would be good to post some pictures of the roses... Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the photos.


~ Justin

1 comments:

Rob Monroe May 3, 2010 at 6:52 AM  

Your roses are incredible. Our neighbors have a couple on their plant, but they are small this spring for some reason.

We missed the Derby, but it sounds like it was fun this year. Glad you found something new to enjoy with your Abby!