Tuesday, February 3, 2009

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!

In this corner we have the Challenger....

She stand 3 feet tall and weighs 30 pounds...
Her strength = Total Cuteness

And in this corner we have the one that she is Challenging!!!

He stands 5'10'' and weighs way more than 30 pounds...
His strength = He thinks he is in charge and makes the rules!!!!

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!

Sorry for the silliness but the last couple of nights I have begun to realize something;
My daughter Abby is waging war against the idea of sleeping... This is how the night usually goes:
1st: 8-9 p.m. Abby's shows (and hot milk with some sorta snack)
2nd: Brush teeth and go potty
3rd: Chase Abby into bed
4th: We sing (Jesus Loves me), We pray (she is learning how to pray) and read a book
5th: ABBY STARTS WITH ALL THE EXCUSES IN THE WORLD...(Will you rub my back?" I'm thirsty...I'm missing something on my bed...)
6th: Abby will wake up 2-3 times a night in need of something:
"Abby's tummy hurts" = She is hungry!!!
"Abby's elbow, head, throat, back and (today's newest ) toes hurt" = Anything I can use to prolong me sleeping or whatever I can say to get Dad to sleep on the futon with me...
7th: "Abby has to go potty" = Snack that she got in the middle of the night

Until this point I haven't put up much of a fight and I have kind of passed it off as cute. Well, last night I started to fight back. I am thinking that things are going to get a little rough in the coming weeks... I will keep you posted!




Thanks for reading

~Justin


4 comments:

Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

Between you and Becca I can hardly wait for my turn with the girls while you guy's are out for Valentines Night. Maybe one of these nights her excuse will be "I miss Grandma"!

Love Mom

Deanna @ oneagleswings February 3, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

I love this post, Justin! It made me smile.

Keep at it. Stand strong. She's 3and she knows what has been working for her lately. In my very humble opinion, a small sip of water and a trip to the potty would be all that I would tolerate in the middle of the night.

Her world was a little rocked about 7 weeks ago. :) She seems to be doing so well, but this could be her wanting some attention just for Abby.

You guys are doing a great job and I'll be praying for you all.

Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

I am sure she misses Grandma... and if we give the chance that will be her new excuse

Justin February 3, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Thanks Deanna,

Becca does most of the work... I will be providing the thunder and support mostly... But tonight I will be sitting down with Abby and explaining the new rules! And I am going to try have Becca sleep while i deal with Abby!