Monday, April 20, 2009

Pirates and Digging for TREASURE!!!

Abby and I have a new fun activity!!!. Let me set the story for you...

On Saturday while Mom was shopping, Abby told me that she wanted to play in the backyard. I asked her "what do u want to do?"

I was sure that she would tell me that she would want to look for more worms. But to my surprise she said " we are pirates and we need to look for buried treasure."
So off we went to look for treasure!


First I made up a map of our backyard - Which I think turned out pretty nicely!



Second, I went and actually buried something. This time it was a white shinny rock. (next time i think i will try real treasure)



Then I handed Abby the map and wanted to see if she could find where the treasure was buried.



She ended up at the pond... Not too bad for a 3 year old.







We dug up the rock and then we went "hunting for worms" It was a pretty good day.



I am realizing that Abby is getting my super imagination. (When I was little my family called me "space cadet" cause I was always in a cape and off to space.) Thanks for Reading
~ Justin


2 comments:

Sandra Coates April 20, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

Justin, Thanks for writing. This reminds me so much of how God builds relationship with us. Step by step letting us discover new things and guiding us ever closer to the truth that He is always there for us. Love, Sandy

Mom April 20, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

You learned well during your cadet days! See There is something to be said for being "Out There".

Love Mom