Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Feeding the Birds...

So last night when I got home from work, I was greeted like normal...
Abby running in screaming "DADDY!!!, DADDY!!!!" Which is usually followed by a huge hug and "Welcome home dad". After all the hellos and welcome homes are done Rebecca said that "the cardinals have been out in the backyard all day". I wanted to get some shots of them... I went out on the deck and waited. Instead of the cardinals the little red finch was brave enough to get some food with me about 15-20 feet away. Then all the birds came out and dashing outside came Abby (naturally scaring away the birds)... She said "what ya doin dad?"I answered "I trying to get some pictures of the birds." She asked, "Where did the birds go?". I answered "I think they got scared away!!!!" So she said "You DID IT!!!!" I just laughed and had her sit next to me and wait from the birds to come back.
When they did she asked and I answered about 100 questions...

Where did the spraworros go? (she doesn't know how to say sparrows) What is that one doing? What is that bird called? Can I go catch one? Why won't the birds come back? Are you taking the birds picture dad? That's a red PINCH? (Finch)

Needless to say we had a great time!!!! And here are the pictures that I got!














Thanks for Reading
~ Justin

1 comments:

Mom May 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

The pictures are wonderful and the story even better.