Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Flying by the seat of my pants...



"Where are we going? When are we going to get there? How will we know when we get there?"

If you don't know me very well, then this post will be a "get to know the Author" post.

I am the kind of person who doesn't really like plan anything. I take each day as it comes. I have always been the kinda of person who just goes by what I feel. When I was in Bible school one day I would be hiking, the next I would be singing on the front porch. Some days you would find me running up and down the soccer field or the basketball court. I am the type of person that if you ask me to do something I probably won't say no because to me, life is more exciting if I don't always know what is going to happen next.
Lately though I have been thinking about the
"What's NEXT?"

I have been feeling like God is getting us ready for the "Next". For some people, this is a nerve wrecking place to be, but I have never had a hard time trusting Jesus. I believe He will place us (even if we are there now) in the right place for us.

So I have been thinking about 2 words lately:
legacy and destiny. I know what God has called me to do. I know that I am called to work with today's and tomorrow's youth. I was called to work with teenagers at a very young age. When I am at youth group or a boys home or whenever I am around teenagers of any kind; I am at home. So I have been thinking about what I am going to leave for my children. I believe that the children that God has given me (both physically and spiritually) should "out-live" me.

OUT LIVE ME: Do better, bigger, and braver deeds for God. But they can only do that if I leave them with something to build off of. So I have been trying to be more of a "planning ahead" kind of person. I realize that if I don't think of the future (either 1 year or 20 years down the line), I will miss out on the legacy that I am supposed to leave for my children (both physical and Spiritual children).

So I am trying to be more balanced. I am thinking of the future but I don't want to be like the priest or the Levite. I don't want to get so focused on the future or where I am headed that I pass by on the other side of the road when I see a need in front of me. "Lord, help me to be more like the Samaritan than the priest or Levite."
Below are some photos of my legacy:
Thanks for Reading
~ Justin













2 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings May 27, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

What an honest post.

God bless.

Justin May 27, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

I hope that is good thing????