Saturday, December 27, 2008

At the Fess's

So on the 26th of December my wife's (Rebecca) side of the family has a tradition that we do every year. We always go to the Fess's. Here we exchange gifts, celebrate my daughter's (Abby and next year Madi) birthday, we have good food, laughs and altogether wonderful time. One of the biggest reason why I love to go is Jim(pictured below). I have learned so much from him. He takes care of his family (wife and 2 sons), I can honestly say that I don't recall a time when he raised his voice, and yet his sons know who is in charge. I can't recall him losing patience (at least not in public) with even the hardest family members. Yet he loves to tease and shows love in a masculine way. In some many ways He reminds me of of how God deals with me. Of course I am not saying Jim is perfect in any stretch of the imagination, but I have learned many parenting skills from watching Jim Fess. (I haven't ever told him this... I guess I should)
Enjoy the pictures... and thanks for reading


ps. Another reason why i love going to the Fess' is because of their amazing house. Lots of land and a fire place inside!







Align Right

2 comments:

Anonymous December 29, 2008 at 4:25 PM  

This was really great Justin. You should tell Jim what you said in here... :)

Sharon

Anonymous December 29, 2008 at 4:43 PM  

It is amazing how the Lord puts people right in front of us to learn things that he wants us to know or see...obviously he made an impact on you...you definetly need to tell him....he may learn something from you also!!!.....Darlene