Friday, December 5, 2008

Sheep, Shepherds, and life lessons!

So I learned something new the other day and I thought I would share it with you all.. The other night when I came home from work Rebecca said to me.

"Do you know why it was so important that the Angels told the Shepherds in
Bethlehem about Jesus being born?"

Of course I had no idea... Rebecca went on to explain that shepherds in Bethlehem raised their sheep for the Jewish Day of Atonement Sacrifice (Yum Kippur) in Jerusalem.

God must have been trying to tell those Shepherds to find another line of Business!!!!

I love when God uses everyday things to teach us a lesson!!!
Have a good day!

For more information I recommend reading on this website...
http://www.jesuswalk.com/lessons/2_8-20.htm


3 comments:

Anonymous December 5, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

I have a comment one of my favorite authors wrote this story and everyday I strive or hope to write something great like Charles did or Sparky did. He was such a great writer and he is missed everyday. Remember that when you play this song on your blog.

Deanna December 7, 2008 at 8:46 PM  

Hey, I like to read your thoughts...if it's ok, I'm linking your blog to mine. Tell your bride to shoot me an email when the baby comes! :)

Justin December 9, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

Hey... Deanna Thanks for the comment... As you can see I linked your blog also... Thanks for spreading the word on my blog!