Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lighting up the Darkness














So I took this picture last night when I left work. The first two things that I thought of were:

1. The Bible verse Matt 5:14

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do men light a lamp only to put it under a bushel basket; they put it on a stand where it gives light to all in the house"

2. A quote from Bob Marley. It is referenced in the movie I AM Legend.

"The people, who were trying to make this world worse... are not taking a day off. How can I? Light up the darkness."

Please don't think that I am by any means comparing Jesus and Bob Marley. I just think about those quotes and the question strikes me.
Am I lighting the Darkness around me or Am I to consumed with my little world, needs, desires, that I don't see those around me that need The Light of God?
Thanks for reading,
Justin