Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Once upon a visit from Oma and Opa!

So today during my lunch break I went to take some photos... I drove all over Pikesville, MD (where I work). I wanted to get some new pictures and try out my new lens. However nothing jumped out at me and said "take a picture."So on my way back to work I realized that I didn't write about some very important people in Abby's life (mine too). Rebecca's parents came to Baltimore this past weekend. Here is a brief recap of all that happened: "Oma, you read me this book?" (Sam and Sofie) "Oma, you make Dinosaurs with me?" Abby really had a great time making playdoh dinos. (see pictures below)

Actually, we went to the Baltimore Science Museum and looked at the Dinos, played in the kids area, some of us played more than others...


We also watched the Ravens lose to the Steelers (but that's for another post).

Then yesterday when Abby was dancing around and wanted wrestle with me, a memory came to my mind. When I was little I used to love wrestling with my dad. (I think that it is my favorite memory of my dad). I started to tear up when I thought that Opa is the only grandfather that my girls will ever know! But God quickly opened my eyes to something. He said "stop worrying about the 'might have been' and watch the 'here and now'." So this weekend I saw a genuine love going back and forth from Oma, Opa and Abby... I loved to watch Rebecca’s parents interact with Abby and Madilyn. I probably would have missed that if I got stuck in the "what might have been".


Also, my dad's getting his time with Jesus and Jesus is getting time with my dad. They might not be wrestling but they definitely are laughing and having fun!

Do you have favorite memory of your parents to share???

Thanks for reading

~Justin





Ps. Now I get to have more time wrestling with Abby… Which we did after they left cause my living room isn’t very big for wresting with lots of people in my house.
Below are some more photos from our weekend!









1 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings January 20, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

What a great post!

My favorite memories of my childhood with my mom are those funny "you-had-to-be-there" moments that we like to tease her about all of the time.

When we visited my dad's house after he got remarried, my sister and I would always go and lay with dad in his big bed and watch funny shows together at night. He would pinch our ears (which really hurt) just to be annoying and we would squeal, "Daddy!!! Stop!" which would make us all laugh.

It's great that Becca's parents came and I'm glad that God showed you to enjoy the here and now and not miss out because of what "could have been". I cannot imagine how painful that must be at times.

You can keep your dad's memory alive by carrying on the traditions (like living room wrestling) with your girls. And it sounds like you are doing a great job!

God bless.