Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SAHD!!!

S is for - Sniff, Sniff... "Daddy, Abby's sick"

A is for - Am I crazy to think that I can do this???
H is for - How in world does my wife do this every day????
D is for- "Dinosaurs, Daddy will play Dinosaurs (for about 2 minutes then Abby gets bored) or "Daddy, I want want Mom to come home"



So, today I am trying to be Mr. Mom. I was able to work 40 hours in 4 days in order for Rebecca to work a little bit. I am sure that she needed the little bit Independence and freedom. I think next time I am going to have some sorta check list.. First Abby wakes up and watches some "shows" while that is happening feed Madilyn. Second, burp Madilyn and get ready for the ten million questions of why? or are you burping Madi?" Third, now that Madilyn is sleeping again, get ready to play with Playdoh, and dinosaurs until Abby is bored with that and wants to move on. Fourth find Abby some medicine. Fifteenth (I lost count) make Abby some lunch (and pray that Madi stays sleeping) and finally put Abby down for a nap (and pray Madi stays sleeping.I am just glad for the last 15 minutes when both children are sleeping and I can clean the house and prepare for round 2...
Enjoy the pictures!!! Thanks for Reading
~ Justin
Ps. I have greater respect for all the SAHM out there (Stay at home moms)



2 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings January 14, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

I love the pictures...especially of Madi laying with arms open. You made me laugh out loud at the part about praying that they stay asleep. I have done that many times. :)

Being a stay-at-home mom (or dad)is much like being a juggler. And it can be very unfulfilling. At an office job, you work on your files and eventually you close them and move on (sometimes...haha). Anyway, the dishes always pile up again and the laundry never goes away. Everything that you do gets undone at home.

You are doing a great service for Becca and for your family by doing this.

Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

Hey, good for you! I admire a dad that will help and take over..Jim always did too.....it is alot like multi tasking.....it just kinda comes together......priorities!!!
Love your post! Dar