Monday, January 12, 2009

They are so small...

DON'T BE FOOLED...



They may look cute but these two little ones will steal any moments of sleep that they can. Now I am more of an owl, then I am a morning dove. But these last couple of nights these two little girls have been robbing me and my wife (my wife more then I) of precious sleep...
Madi is a new born and can't figure out when she should be awake or sleeping.
Abby is 3 years old has a bad cold, so she is stuffed up and refuses to blow her nose. So she can't breathe through her nose, so then she has a sore throat and frustrated. She wakes up crying and wants to sleep with "mommy or daddy". I am getting pretty good at grabbing my pillow and meeting her on the futon bed. Only She calls sleeping what we refer to as "floppy around like a fish out of water."

Also Abby has asked for some the strangest things "I want hot tea" (3:00 AM) "I want to watch a movie "(5:00 am)
and again last night "I want hot tea" (1:30 AM). Except last night i brought to her and all she really wanted was "Mommy" ...

So my prayer is that Abby gets rid of this cold and that my wife gets some well deserved sleep!
Madi will learn when is the right time sleep and right time be awake!
Thanks for reading

~ Justin
PS. and who doesn't want to watch a movie at 5 in morning???
PSS... I am a HUGE 24 (show on FOX) fan so I might end blogging about it sometime!!!!

3 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings January 12, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

I just talked to Becca this morning about your sleep woes and I can relate and am sorry for you all.

When we first moved Micaiah to a bed, he used to wake up in the middle of the night and disturb our sleep. One time at 3 a.m., he was riding his tricycle up and down the hall. One time, I caught him at the kitchen table eating blue jello and another time, he flicked our bedroom light on and off. (I thought our bedroom was on fire in my dazed state.)

Either way, you are right. Madi will learn how to sleep at the right time and Abby will get over being sick.

In the meantime, remember this: it's lucky that God made little kids so stinkin' cute. If not, we would be totally mad at all of the sleep they make us lose.

Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

I told Becca last night I was wondering where I'm sleeping when I come down for your valentines get away. Madi upstairs, Abby downstairs, but maybe I'm worrying about where and not if I sleep.
Love Mom

Justin January 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

Abby had better be better by then...