Friday, January 23, 2009

Watson... Man's best friend????


Well, a couple of nights ago Watson was not my wife's best friend!!! Let me do a little set up for you...

On most nights Watson ends up on our bed (mostly at my feet). He will start the night sleeping on the floor but because I am such a heavy sleeper, he will jump up on the bed at some point in the night. He also won't get out of bed in the morning until I wake up... He really does enjoy sleeping in the morning.

So the other night the story goes like this:

It all started around 6:30 am on thursday... My wife had enough of being crowded on the bed, so she decided since Coco is an unmovable object while sleeping, that Watson had to go. So Rebecca kicked Watson off the bed and he protested like usual. He wandered around the bed looking for a place where he could curl up... Rebecca, said "lay down and go to sleep". Well, instead he went across the hall into Madi's room. He walked over where Madilyn was sleeping and nudged her swing with his nose. Of course Madilyn woke up and started to cry... Rebecca got up to get Madilyn and realized that Watson was coming out Madilyn's room very proud of himself... Almost with his nose stuck up in the air and waging his tail. While Rebecca started to take care of Madilyn; Watson took her spot of the bed and curled up next to me and went to sleep... He is such a smart dog!


Thanks for Reading!
~ Justin

2 comments:

Deanna @ oneagleswings January 23, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Yes he is a smart dog!

I am not a dog person, so while I find this hysterical...it would not be hysterical if it happened to me. I would be furious.

Was Becca really mad?

Anonymous January 24, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

You gotta be KIDDING me?!?! Ahhhhhh hahahahaha, if I was Becca I would have flipped out. :P

-Sharon