Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Storms!!!!

Yesterday at 4:50pm lighting struck and poof we were out of power at work. I wasn't complaining! I mean I got to go home a little early. Actually, I waited it out a little bit first. I got some photos... Which have gotten me to thinking... I wonder how many times I have complained to God about storms in my life? Well, last night I realized something...

When a storm comes (natural or spiritual) there is a reason... It could be as simple as everything around needs water or it could be that God wants me to stop and enjoy His might and power. (When I was a teenager my best friend and I used to sit and eat a bowl of cereal while we watched thunder storms... MAN LIFE WAS EASY BACK THEN)

Sometimes He might want me to wait out the storm... There are plenty of reasons why God allows a storm to come. Yesterday, I felt like God opened my heart to remember a lesson that I had learned when I was younger. He is always in control and has a plan. God doesn't divert from the plan and "isn't shocked off of His throne" when things aren't going according to my plans.
Even if I can't figure out why something happens. He has His reasons...

I may not ever know the reason why God allows a storm to come... He may never explain it to me why He does the things He does and really He doesn't need too (otherwise He wouldn't be Lord). The coolest part about yesterday was that I got to see God's might and glory at work... Below are some shots... Thanks for reading


This is the storm developing




It got dark in a hurry!



This is hail that came falling onto our cars...



This is part that I waited out... Those suckers hurt!


I took this shot when I got home...


The bamboo while I was cooking the steak...




Then about 8:30 at night... THE GLORY, THE SHOW!!!!







God, You are AMAZING!!!! THANKS
Justin

2 comments:

Mom June 10, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

The pictures are fantastic, and the lesson is even better. Remember Sons of Thunder?

Sharon June 11, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Love it love it love it!!!